Complaints Procedure

The doctors and staff at this practice are committed to providing high quality healthcare and services to patients.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. The complaints system meets national criteria.

How to complain

It is best to tell a member of staff about any concerns or problems as soon as they arise and we will try and sort them out. If you’re not satisfied with our response or wish to escalate your concern, please ask for complaints form and a copy of our complaints procedure.

If you wish to make a complaint, please let us have details of your complaint as soon as possible so that we can find out what happened. It helps us if you can give us as full details as possible.

You can either complain to us directly about the service provided or to the commissioner of the services (South East London Integrated Care Board – [email protected]), which is the body that pays for the NHS services you use. The responsibility for investigating any issue arising from a complaint remains with the practice that provided the service to you.

You need to make your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem OR within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem relating to a specific incident.

What we will do

We will contact you about your complaint within 3 working days and discuss with you the best way to investigate it, including the time scales for a reply. We will aim to offer you an explanation within that time frame, or a meeting with the people involved.

We will look into your complaint to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Apologise where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Medical records are protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we need to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (i.e. due of illness) of providing this.

Getting help

Many issues can be resolved quickly by speaking directly to the staff. Some people find it helpful to talk to someone who understands the complaints process first and get some guidance and support.

POhWER can provide free impartial support when you are making a complaint. They can help to draft or write a letter, can arrange interpreting or can accompany you to a meeting. Their telephone number is 0203 553 5960 and website is

If you are not satisfied with our response

If your problem persists or you’re not happy with the way your complaint has been dealt with locally, you can complain to the relevant ombudsman.


  • We want you to let us know if you are unhappy or have a suggestion about how we can do things better.
  • All complaints are treated in the strictest confidence.
  • Making a complaint will not affect your treatment or care.